Today in Tirana is held the joint meeting of the Government of Kosovo and that of Albania.
The Prishtina-Durrës railway project is also expected to be part of the discussion.
11:23 Our ambition is the final opening of the border
Rama keeps his word: Our ambition is the removal of the border in order to implement the 4 EU freedoms in our region, starting from the simplest and most meaningful removal of the border between Albania and Kosovo. It is important that both Ministries of Interior of the two governments intensify their work and create a joint database to enable real-time control of entrances and exits at all border points of our common perimeter that would enable us to finally open the border without losing a single centimeter on the battle front against illegal activities and abuse of freedom of movement. ”
At 11:00 Hoti and the ministers arrive at the Palace of Congresses.
Ora News provides the agreements that are expected to be signed between the two governments.
– Agreement on the Implementation of Mutual Facilities in Customs Procedures for the Control of Entry-Exit of Goods.
– Cooperation in the field of railway transport
– Establishment of a joint fund in support of the Presevo Valley
– Cooperation and mutual assistance in cases of Natural and other disasters
– Mutual cooperation in the field of security
– Agreement on the avoidance of double taxation on income and on capital, as well as on the prevention of tax evasion
– Cooperation agreement between the MoF and the Ministry of Economy and Employment
– Creation of 5G Digital Corridor
– Establishment of the Joint Basketball League
– Common digital platform of pre-university education
– Annual Common Cultural Calendar
– Film co-production agreement
– Memorandum of Cooperation between the Ministries of Culture – Agreement for coping with Covid 19
11.00 – Arrival of the delegation of the Republic of Kosovo in front of the Palace of Congresses (Place: Palace of Congresses)
11.15 – Arrival of Avdullah Hoti, Prime Minister of the Republic of Kosovo on Dëshmorët e Kombit Boulevard
11.30 – Opening of the plenary session of the meeting of the two Governments Albania-Kosovo (Place: Main Hall, Palace of Congresses)
Speech of Mr. Edi Rama, Prime Minister of Albania
Speech of Sh.T. Avdullah Hoti, Prime Minister of the Republic of Kosovo
Short speeches by members of both cabinets to present key issues and signing agreements
Mr. Edi Rama, Prime Minister of Albania concludes the plenary session
12.45 – Signing ceremony of intergovernmental agreements
13.00 – Joint press conference of the two Prime Ministers
(Venue: Main Hall, Palace of Congresses)
13.30 – Shared photo (Venue: Main Hall, Palace of Congresses)
Today’s meeting is the sixth joint meeting of the two governments.
The first joint meeting was held on January 11, 2014 in Prizren and was chaired by the then Prime Ministers of Kosovo and Albania, Hashim Thaçi and Edi Rama, who called the event “historic”.